Merger of Christ UMC with Northbrook UMC
"God we are ready! We are ready to encounter the work of the Holy Spirit, we are ready to love one another with compassion and grace, we are ready to serve a hurting world, and we as Christ United Methodist Church and Northbrook United Methodist Church are ready to do this TOGETHER!"
Rev. Laurie Moeller
September 6, 2020
Welcoming New Members: Lunch with Laurie
One of the ways we welcome members is in a small group setting. Rev. Laurie Moeller and our lay people will be on hand to answer your questions, provide more information about Northbrook, and to help you build community here. You’re invited to join us for one of two lunch time options on Sunday, Oct. 18:
RSVP for lunch or Zoom using this SignUp Genius link.
Merger Information & Timeline
Proposed Merger Letter to Northbrook UMC Congregation
- To read the full letter from Rev. Laurie Moeller regarding the proposed merger click here.
Merger Q&A, Aug. 9
- In advance of the Charge Conference, church leaders hosted a Merger Q&A via Zoom on Sunday, August 9 at 7:00 p.m.
- August 9 Meeting Notes:
Called Charge Conferences
- On Sunday, Aug. 16 Northbrook UMC Church Council voted unanimously to approve the merger of Christ UMC with Northbrook UMC.
- Sunday, Aug. 23 Christ UMC Church Council voted unanimously to approve the merger with Northbrook UMC.
- Sunday, Aug. 30 - Christ UMC and Northbrook UMC officially merged as the new Northbrook UMC
- Sunday, Sep. 6 - The newly combined congregation gathered for outdoor worship in celebration of the new Northbrook UMC.
- Read Rev. Laurie Moeller's sermon: celebration_sermon_9.6.20_-_rev._laurie_moeller.pdf
Called Charge Conference
- Thursday, Sep. 17 at 6:00 p.m. There will be a Called Charge Conference in regard to the signing of the Christ UMC property sale. The conference is via Zoom.