Northbrook UMC has numerous ways to get involved in service to our church and community, whether it's a one-time commitment or an ongoing role. Here are our current ways you can get involved:
- Upward Soccer needs your help! From March to May 2023, the Northbrook soccer fields will be filled with little soccer players on weeknights and Saturday mornings. We need coaches and other volunteers to help make the season successful. Contact Allen Whittaker for more.
- Northbrook is one of the sponsors of Habitat for Humanity's Habitat of North Georgia Ecumenical Build, a house supported by church sponsorships, and as such we have volunteer slots to fill for the build site at 5360 Woodstock Road in Acworth. Please consider helping with the following: exterior painting, March 4, 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m., 3 slots; or exterior painting, March 11, 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m., 4 slots. The current family includes two parents and four young boys. For those who wish to volunteer, the instructions for registering are: Visit the Habitat website. Click the “Use Reservation Code” button and type in the code provided to you by your coordinator: https://cerv.is/0251rnbumc. Click “Register for an Event" and fill in your information to create your profile. Choose your event and time slot to complete your registration. If you have previously registered using a different “Reservation Code” you must clear the code and type in the new one to see current volunteer opportunities.
- Northbrook is also scheduled to provide lunch for 35 people on Saturday, March 4 for the Habitat for Humanity Habitat of North Georgia Ecumenical Build. We are currently seeking volunteers that could procure and serve lunch on this day. Please contact Rev. Elizabeth Pollard or Brent Richardson at (704) 995-4920 to volunteer for this additional service opportunity.
- The Brook, our modern worship service, needs many hands doing small jobs to make this service a worshipful, welcoming place. We are looking for people EACH SUNDAY to share your faith story, run ProPresenter (slides during worship), and deliver a Children's Moment (during The Brook or traditional worship. Depending on the role, the time commitment Sunday mornings is approximately 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. in Simmons Hall. Sign up here.
- We need volunteers to lead Children's Worship once a month during the morning worship services. If you're interested, contact Rev. Kena Newkirk.
- Sign up to provide the main meal, or drinks and desserts for Northbrook youth on Sunday nights.
- The Drake House needs a parent advocate to bless and support a mother and her child, which includes weekly check-ins and offering community and support. If you are interested, please contact Rev. Elizabeth Pollard.
- Be an usher or greeter on Sunday mornings. Ushers and greeters are needed on Sunday mornings. Interested? Contact Allen Whittaker.